Single treatments or consultations: Should you need to cancel or reschedule we kindly ask that you contact us no later than 48 hours before your appointment. This allows us to manage our diaries and offer the appointment time to another client. Failure to give the full notice may result in a cancellation charge of £20, payable at your next visit.
Booking treatment off a pre-paid course of treatments:
Should you need to cancel or reschedule we kindly ask that you contact us no later than 24h (ideally 48 hours) before your appointment. Failure to give the full notice will result in the treatment being redeemed by the clinic. This allows us to manage our diaries and offer the appointment time to another client.
We will continue to operate our 48-hour cancellation policy, however, if you are exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible to re-arrange your appointment.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we currently do not collect any information through cookies.
When you make a consultation request through the contact form on the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, email address, phone number and information necessary for the service you are requesting. We strongly recommend you keep your message short and share just the necessary details as the form is provided by a plugin.
When you attend our salon or prior to your first appointment, we may collect further personal information like medical history, hair removal habits and images of the treatment area. We do not use this information for any other purposes, but solely to carry out the requested service safely, efficiently and in compliance with all legal requirements. On rare occasions and only with your explicit consent, we may use your images on “the Site” and social media for promotional or demonstrative purposes.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the personal information that we collect generally to provide, safely and efficiently, the service you have requested through the Site, by email, by phone, by social media or in person. We are registered with ICO.
Additionally, we use this Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our services for potential risks; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide wider public with information or advertising relating to our services.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described below:
- We upload your personal information to Timely, Consult and Fresha – software that manages our appointments schedule and electronic client files. These professional companies comply with the requirements of EU GDPR and access to the files is password protected.
- We store your physical client files collected prior to 2020 in a locked filing cabinet which will be kept for 10 years.
- From 2020 we started fully transferring our physical recording of client files onto a digital system via the Timely/Consult App.
- We may share information in the cases when you’ve given us your explicit consent, to promote our services on our websites and via social media channels by displaying your “before and after” photos. “Before and after” images are always edited/cropped in order to minimise the chance of the person being identified through their photo.
- Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
You have rights under GDPR Law and UK Consumer Law and may ask for a copy of your records in writing. You may also ask us to clarify any of the above points or for us to explain or show you how we collect information on the Timely and Consult App. Consultation forms, appointments and treatment records form an invaluable part in ensuring that we provide safe treatments and the best service possible.
We will hold your lawfully obtained Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information, or for the minimum length of time required by law, if the latter occurs first.
In the case of security breach, we commit to notify you within 48 hrs of receiving the information about the breach, if we suspect that your personal information may have been accessed by unauthorised people.
COMPLIMENTS & COMPLAINTS
We aim to always do our best. We love to hear from you – good or bad!
Sometimes things do go wrong and we know we are not perfect. But we do aim to be. That’s why we have a complaints procedure. Sometimes we can put things right. Sometimes we can only explain ourselves and apologise. But we want to learn from our mistakes and help improve our service for you and other clients.
We will treat your complaint confidentially, quickly and seriously.
Please ask us for a copy of our full complaints policy if you would like one by using our contact details on this site or see below. We encourage you to share your concerns and your experience with us and we promise to listen carefully to what you have to say.
Please also feel free to let us know what we’re doing right. Either way we love to hear from you and will always be open to communication.
For more information or if you have questions please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
The Skin & Beauty Clinic 64/64B Front Street, Sherburn Village, Durham DH6 1HB